Discover all the mountains, peaks, pastures and lakes!
This Summer feeling so specific to the mountains! The fragrant morning air, birdsong, and the sun rising from behind a peak! Which of the five neighbouring mountains would you fancy climbing this morning while passing pastures spread with flowers, rippling brooks and rustic huts? Just start walking. Prefer a lazy morning on the hotel grounds instead? Well, then you could always join our hiking guides on two afternoons of the week. Or why don’t you try out Nordic Walking? Climbing is possible around the peaks of Ruchenköpfe – with or without a guide from our local mountaineering schools.
What else is there to do? Here’s our list:
- Mountainbiking: There are several tours around our favourite mountains, and even into the neighbouring Inn or Tegernsee valleys .
- Why use a swimming pool if you can go swimming in one of the gorgeous lakes. Schliersee and Thiersee are both close by. Or take the challenge of a dip into the deep blue Soinsee beneath the Ruchenköpfe peaks. Our have you ever taken a plunge into th ice cold pothole of a mountain creek?
- In direct view from the Tannerhof terrace the so-called Vogelsang is the launch pad for paragliders. You may find mere watching isn’t enough: then why not have a go at a tandem flight?
- If swimming in the lakes isn’t an option, there is a sweet old fashioned outdoor pool in the village of Bayrischzell.
- A walk along the airfield in Geitau allows great views of the gliders. You may want to book a flight.
- Or take the cable car up the Wendelstein, and enter the cave which is hidden in its peak. Or go on a discovery tour around the Geopark.
- There are four tennis courts in Bayrischzell, also horseback riding is possible in Osterhofen, 3km from the Tannerhof. Play Golf? You will find three courses in about 30km distance.
On the other hand staying at the Tannerhof is just as attractive. Imagine sitting on the terrace enjoying our famous breakfast in the cool hours of the day. Then you might want to doze off under a tree or finally get to read a book and watch our tireless Indian Runner Ducks. Take a little walk across the grounds up to the majestic lime tree – try standing in the midst of its five stems and take a look up, you will feel this trees‘ power. Or watch our highland cattle and Iceland horses while swinging on its lower branch. Whilst you’re up here you might as well cool off in the rock basin.
Refreshed as you now feel, you might want to have a go at the slackline, or play a game of crocket or badminton…
Rainy weather? Who cares. Grab a book, sit at the window front in the Orangerie reading, or just watch the rain fall – relax and enjoy lazing around. Anyhow, if you can’t sit still there’s always our pilates, yoga or Tai Chi you can join, the workout studio, the swimming pool or the sauna.